Thank you for visiting Lisa in the Media. I have been fortunate to appear in a number of print, television, radio and internet media outlets and am grateful for these opportunities to talk about and share the 21st century brain and addiction-related research on the myriad of inter-connected topics: alcohol abuse, mental illness, secondhand drinking, drug addiction, help for families, underage drinking prevention, intervention programs and the like.
Below you will find links to some of the radio, television and newspaper interviews and productions by Lisa Frederiksen and/or BreakingTheCycles.com.
Please click on the highlighted words to view, listen or read.
SHOWS CREATED WITH PEN-TV (San Mateo, CA) and uploaded to Lisa’s YouTube:
- It’s Time We Tell The Whole Truth About Puberty
- How Much Is Too Much? “At-Risk” Drinking Patterns Explained
- DUI: Is It a Choice or an Accident?
- Alcoholism is a Disease and It’s Not Alcohol Abuse
- Why Letting Your Child/Teen Fail Can Help Them to Succeed as an Adult
- A New Can In Town – the 12-Ounce Can of Scotch
SHOWS CREATED WITH CREA-TV (San Jose, CA) and uploaded to Lisa’s YouTube:
- Part 1 of Healthy Perspectives Show Host, Gabrielle Antolovich’s Interview with Lisa Frederiksen on her book, latest book, Loved One In Treatment? Now What!
- Part 2 of Healthy Perspectives Show Host, Gabrielle Antolovich’s Interview with Lisa Frederiksen on her book, latest book, Loved One In Treatment? Now What!
- “Sober Conversations Podcast #2 “Secondhand Drinking With Lisa Frederiksen,” Dr. Herby Bell and Dr. Christopher Harrison, Recovery Health Center
- “Interview with Lisa Frederiksen – Addiction as a Brain Disease,” Northeast Addiction Consultants Internet Radio
- Interview with Irene Watson on InsideScoopLive: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/insidescooplive/2012/05/03/difference-between-alcohol-abuse-and-alcoholism
- “A Valuable Guide to Understanding Alcohol,” Interview with Cathy Tauginbaugh of CathyTaughinbaugh.com
- “Understanding Neural Science and Its Contribution to Long-term Recovery for Both the Drug Addict/Alcoholic and the Family“: Host Mary Woods’ interview with Lisa Frederiksen on Voice America’s Health & Wellness program, “One Hour at a Time. “
- Interview with Denise Krochta, host of the Web Talk Radio Show, Addicted to Addicts: Survival 101, on secondhand drinking/drugging (SHDD), Addicted to Addicts: Survival 101 — Secondhand Drinking/Drugging.
- “Underage Drinking” – Guest on Childhood Matters Radio Program with host, Rona Renner, 98.1 KISS-FM, San Francisco Bay Area; K-Ocean 105.1 FM, Monterey & Santa Cruz; La Nuestra KBBF 89.1 FM, North Bay Area; KGOE-AM, Eureka
- “What’s In That Drink?” – KQED, Public Media for Northern CA, “With a Perspective” Series
NEWSPAPER & INTERNET PRINT
- “Facts About Secondhand Drinking – the Impacts of a Person’s Drinking Behaviors on Others” – Blogging Authors
- “How Addiction Works, How to Stop It” – interview of Lisa Frederiksen by MyAddiction.com
- “Secondhand Drinking | Drugging – Understand It, Prevent It and We Can Go a Long Ways to Reducing Underage Substance Abuse |Addiction” (December 2012 issue) – Sober World Monthly Magazine
- “How Do You Recover From Addiction When You Can’t Afford Treatment” – Blogging Authors
- “The Latest Brain Research on Addiction“ - CathyTaughinbaugh.com
- “5 Things I Did After My Teen Was Caught Drinking” – The Parent Toolkit at The Partnership at DrugFree.org
- “Interview with Lisa Frederiksen” - Family Business Experts
- “What’s In That Drink? We Need Alcohol-Labeling Laws to Tell” – Palo Alto Weekly Guest Opinion
- “Secondhand Drinking’ Is as Dangerous as Secondhand Smoking” – Palo Alto Weekly Guest Opinion
- “How to Live With an Alcoholic: An Interview with Author Lisa Frederiksen,” – Interview with Gina Simmons, Ph.D., Schneider Family Services, appearing on their Manage Anger Daily blog
- “A New Kind of Independence” – Palo Alto Weekly Guest Opinion