In addition to her books and videos, Lisa has written a number of articles for other publications and blogs and appeared as a guest for various radio and internet radio programs. Below you will find links to several. She welcomes similar opportunities to talk about and share the 21st century brain and addiction-related research on the myriad of inter-connected topics: alcohol abuse, mental illness, secondhand drinking, drug addiction, help for families, underage drinking prevention, intervention programs and the like.
Please click on the following highlighted sample titles to view, listen or read.
Lisa Frederiksen Media Coverage – Television
- Alcoholism is a Disease and It’s Not Alcohol Abuse
- How Much is Too Much? At-Risk Drinking Patterns Explained
- DUI: Is it a Choice or an Accident?
- Perspectives on Healthy Living – Interview with Lisa Frederiksen – Part 1
- Perspectives on Healthy Living – Interview with Lisa Frederiksen – Part 2
- It’s Time We Tell the Whole Truth About Puberty
- The Teen Brain and Addiction
- Why Letting Your Child/Teen Fail Can Help Them to Succeed as an Adult
- ChiCast Podcast, “Substance Use Disorder | Secondhand Drinking” – Chidimma Ozor, host of the show, and guest, Lisa Frederiksen.
- KPFA Radio Program, “Health Matters: Rethinking Drinking – Nurse Rona, host of the show, and guest, Lisa Frederiksen, address alcohol addiction as a chronic and treatable brain disease that requires medical intervention, not moral judgment. Calls ins shared experiences of alcohol use, abuse, or addiction and posed questions on related topics.
- KPFA Radio program, “Health Matters: Secondhand Drinking” – Guests, Lisa Frederiksen and Caroll Fowler, with host Rona Rener, RN, 94.1FM, San Francisco Bay Area – lots of great call in questions, too
- “Secondhand Drinking“– Guest on Childhood Matters Radio Program with host, Rona Renner, 98.1 KISS-FM, San Francisco Bay Area; K-Ocean 105.1 FM, Monterey & Santa Cruz; La Nuestra KBBF 89.1 FM, North Bay Area; KGOE-AM, Eureka
- “Underage Drinking” – Guest on Childhood Matters Radio Program with host, Rona Renner, 98.1 KISS-FM, San Francisco Bay Area; K-Ocean 105.1 FM, Monterey & Santa Cruz; La Nuestra KBBF 89.1 FM, North Bay Area; KGOE-AM, Eureka
- “What’s In That Drink?” – KQED, Public Media for Northern CA, “With a Perspective” Series
- “Secondhand Drinking,” interview with Sherry Gaba and Kim Pagano on The Kim Pagano Show
- “Parenting, Addiction and an Understanding of the Adolescent Mind,” Dave Cook, 100 Pedals, Addiction Conversation
- “Sober Conversation Podcast #17 “Secondhand Drinking Revisited With Lisa Frederiksen,” Dr. Herby Bell, Recovery Health Center
- “Sober Conversations Podcast #2 “Secondhand Drinking With Lisa Frederiksen,” Dr. Herby Bell and Dr. Christopher Harrison, Recovery Health Center
- “What Every Parent Should Know About the Science of Addiction” – a one-hour interview teleconference program, hosted by Parent Recovery Coach, Cathy Taughinbaugh and Certified Professional Coach, Leslie Ferris.
- “Interview with Lisa Frederiksen – Addiction as a Brain Disease,” Northeast Addiction Consultants Internet Radio
- Interview with Irene Watson on InsideScoopLive: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/insidescooplive/2012/05/03/difference-between-alcohol-abuse-and-alcoholism
- “A Valuable Guide to Understanding Alcohol,” Interview with Cathy Tauginbaugh of CathyTaughinbaugh.com
- “Understanding Neural Science and Its Contribution to Long-term Recovery for Both the Drug Addict/Alcoholic and the Family“: Host Mary Woods’ interview with Lisa Frederiksen on Voice America’s Health & Wellness program, “One Hour at a Time. “
- Interview with Denise Krochta, host of the Web Talk Radio Show, Addicted to Addicts: Survival 101, on secondhand drinking/drugging (SHDD), Addicted to Addicts: Survival 101 — Secondhand Drinking/Drugging.
Newspaper & Internet Print
- FacingAddiction.org > Lisa Frederiksen: Helping Families Impacted by Addiction
- When ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) Are Rooted in Secondhand Drinking
- Lisa Frederiksen quoted by Jessica Lahey in her New York Times parenting blog, Motherloade, article: “Teenagers, Dealing With Addiction on What Might Have Helped.”
- Lisa Frederiksen shares her anorexia, bulimia and secondhand drinking recovery story with the Center for Open Recovery, “Secondhand Drinking Recovery.”
- Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addiction, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Medical School, “Secondhand Drinking.” Lisa’s article starts on page 7.
- “Interview with Lisa,” Angela Lambert for Morningside Recovery
- “What the Top Recovery Blogs Say About Sobriety,” Discovery Place
- “Help a Child Avoid Addiction – Help Them Understand the Risk Factors for Developing It,” ACEs Connection
- “An Interview with Lisa Frederiksen: How to Cope with an Addicted Family Member,” Duffy’s Napa Valley Rehab
- “Three Facts About Addiction Family Members Should Know,” Shatterproof
- “Secondhand Drinking: The Ripple Effect of Another Person’s Alcohol Misuse,” Social Work Helper
- “Could Secondhand Drinking Be a Problem In Your Life?” Military Pathways
- “Secondhand Drinking: It’s Real. It Hurts. And It Changes Lives,” RecoveryView.com
- “Facts About Secondhand Drinking – the Impacts of a Person’s Drinking Behaviors on Others” – Blogging Authors
- “How Addiction Works, How to Stop It” – interview of Lisa Frederiksen by MyAddiction.com
- “Secondhand Drinking | Drugging – Understand It, Prevent It and We Can Go a Long Ways to Reducing Underage Substance Abuse |Addiction” (December 2012 issue) – Sober World Monthly Magazine Lisa’s article starts on page 22.
- “How Do You Recover From Addiction When You Can’t Afford Treatment” – Blogging Authors
- “The Latest Brain Research on Addiction” – CathyTaughinbaugh.com
- “5 Things I Did After My Teen Was Caught Drinking” – The Parent Toolkit at The Partnership at DrugFree.org
- “Interview with Lisa Frederiksen” – Family Business Experts
- “What’s In That Drink? We Need Alcohol-Labeling Laws to Tell” – Palo Alto Weekly Guest Opinion
- “Secondhand Drinking’ Is as Dangerous as Secondhand Smoking” – Palo Alto Weekly Guest Opinion
- “How to Live With an Alcoholic: An Interview with Author Lisa Frederiksen,” – Interview with Gina Simmons, Ph.D., Schneider Family Services, appearing on their Manage Anger Daily blog
- “A New Kind of Independence” – Palo Alto Weekly Guest Opinion
To listen to Lisa’s thoughts about her reasons for founding of BreakingTheCycles.com, please click on this mp3 podcast, Breaking_the_Cycles.