by Lisa Frederiksen
If you are looking for treatment for your or a family members’ drug abuse problem, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) has created a new resource to help. “Seeking Drug Treatment: Know What to Ask” lays out five key questions you will want to have answered as part of your decision-making process:
- 1. Does the program use treatments backed by scientific evidence?
- 2. Does the program tailor treatment to the needs of each patient?
- 3. Does the program adapt treatment as the patient’s needs change?
- 4. Is the duration of treatment sufficient?
- 5. How do 12-step or similar recovery programs fit into drug addiction treatment?
To download a copy in PDF, ePub or Kindle or to order a hard copy, click here>>>